]

Monday, January 26, 2009

HUAT AR !

Lunar New Year = Yu Sheng

Yusheng is considered a symbol of abundance, prosperity and vigor.

It is served as an appetizer to raise 'good luck' for the new year.In a celebration known as "lo hei" (Cantonese 撈起 or 捞起), families and friends gather around the table and, on cue, proceed to toss the shredded ingredients into the air with chopsticks while saying auspicious wishes out loud to mark the start of a prosperous new year and it's customary that the higher you toss, the greater your fortunes!

Yesterday, all 5 of us were dressed in RED and we gathered around the table for our reunion dinner. It has been a long time since we really sit down together to have dinner. All of us were busy with our own stuffs on the rest of the days.
Back to the tossing of the Yu Sheng, the hilarious thing was that, my dad, sis, bro and I have to echo after what my mom says. This is because of the fact that my mom's mandarin is better than the rest of us. So the 4 of us have echo some like parrots from the Bird Park. So we were happily shouting those auspicious wishes while tossing the yu sheng.
The yu sheng from Sushi Teh is really worth buying. The portion is really huge and they have a myriad of ingredients, like scallops, jellyfish and etc...
The yu sheng, which was only meant to be an appetiser, hit all 5 of us down that our stomach have no room for the main dishes!!!
Photobucket
Then all of us were sitting patiently on the couch to do a countdown. All the lights in our house were on and the windows and doors are all opened ! When the clock stoke 12mn, we were like screaming and dancing in the living room! haha, if only I took a video it !

Received the very 1st two ang baos from my parents, then off I went to my bedroom to hit the sack. Was sooo exhausted man!

Later will be a really long day. My aunt is hosting this celebration at Changi Safra. So All of the families will be gathering there.

Interestingly, CNY = Gambling

I am just gonna play small this year, hope I wont get too obsessed by it. Every year its always like that. At the end of the day when my siblings and I sit together to count the ang bao $, I realized I am always the one with lesser $. It is plainly because I always dig out $ in the toilet to gamble. haha


Alright, I better not get too lengthy. I hereby wish all of you guys a happy and prosperous NIU year !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home