]

Monday, March 03, 2008

Obsession

Photobucket

Internship to ST Aerospace commenced today and I believe it will going to be a fulfilling 6months for me over at that company. Reporting time for me was 9am today and thank God I wasn't late because 1st impression counts. Hmm so we had a briefing early in the morn and it tells me so much about the company. ST Aerospace is the world largest MRO company for 3rd party supplies in the aviation industry and guess what's their 2007 turnover?

It was a WHOPPING 1.8billion dollars! ( I hope this aint a company secret which I must keep it only to myself) I must really think twice before i share anything in blogsphere because as staffs of that company, there are certain stuffs we need to uphold confidentiality, else we will be charged. Going back to that, have you ever thought of the bonus received by average performing staff of ST Aero? Let me clear that doubt of yours, as mentioned, an average performer can received up to 16months of bonus at the end of the year whereas a better performer will received up to 20months of bonus! WOAH ! Unbelievable right ?

Alright stop being fascinated ! You want that kind of good paying job, work for it! Do waste time dreaming !

So ard 7 were attached to this company and all were dispatched to different departments. I am allocated to this Passenger to Freight department. Have you ever thought of what are airlines going to do to those commercial planes which have a long history and is ready to be scrapped(like the Boeing 767) ?

Let me tell you, they covert them to cargo planes.All they need to do is to send in for maintenance and make some changes to the interior.

What's more, we are able to walk pass the hanger to see the different commercial planes and the famous Charlie 130 ( C-130). Planes flown all the way from alaska to service their planes here! Cool !

Lastly what's the nature of my duties? I'm learning on a new software, named the Catia. It's something similar to Autocad, doing designing of plane and etc... I do not know what are we suppose to do in the next few weeks, but I hope it wont be like today whereby we sat in the office from 12pm all the way to 1730hr just to learn the software. At least get into that cockpits and get myself new experiences. haha ! Those who know me well, they know I've got an obsession for planes and an ambition to fly ! haha alright i guess this is way too long, shall update again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home