]

Monday, March 22, 2010

Eventful weekend

Just back from liquid kitchen @ Serangoon Gardens!
Had a great time catching 2 hot favourites teams, man u & Liverpool, heading on one another!
Coupled with a pint of erdinger beer and some snacks to spice up the atmosphere. What more can you ask for, it's just HEAVENLY!!
The entire 90mins was just so amazingly thrilling!! 2 teams played their best but sometimes shit happens, so Liverpool fans out there don't be dismayed, do it again next season...
I now declare that liquid kitchen has topped my "Night's Hangout Places". I am really fond of their cosy ambience and excellent service except for 1 staff which I thought he shld be forgiven, perhaps he is new! Nonetheless I would still like to share this:

Uncle:may I take ur order?
Me: yes pls! I would like to have spicy drumlets, wedges...
Uncle: ok sure, anything else?
Me: oh wait!! (mumble to my buddies if we shld take the platter)
Uncle: you shld try the platter, it's nice and is more than enough for 4pax. You may skip the drumlets & wedges because it's too much!!
Me: hmmmmm... So what's in the platter??
Uncle: OHHH!!! There are MANY MANY things inside..
Me: (I paused and thought if he is going to mention what exactly are in the platter )
*after few seconds, after a silent pause*
Uncle: ohhh the platter got topshell, wedges, spring rolls and a few more, ard 6 dishes la..
Me: (feeling agitated ) alright, give me the platter and cancel my other orders!

All of us felt cheated when platter was served! There are only 5 cheesesticks, 5 springrolls, half serving of wedges, topshell salad and 4 drumlets! It cost us 39 for goodness sake, it's too exorbitant!! ** this happened to our 1st visit last night !
Today we wised up and order ala carte which has a bigger portion and it's definitely cheaper!! I still don't blame the uncle, apart from his blunders, I thought he was okay!

*** Cognitive dissonance***
alright tmr it's another working day and I need to slog hard to chill hard during weekends!! I nned to chill wisely too, and to be frugal until my next pay, to remain driven to save up for my 4k dslr and my Korea trip next winter!!! Buck up Fred!!!!

I'm sleepy esp after drinking, time to hit the sack!!
Gd night peeps!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home