]

Monday, March 08, 2010

What's your Aspiration ?

Today, I was terribly infected with the "Monday Blues" Syndrome. That usually happens after a well-deserving weekend, and the next moment you realized there are piles and piles of shit waiting for you on ur desk on Monday morning. To palliate the raging emotions which were swirling within myself, I chose to take things one at a time, doing it at my own pace.

This is how you may want to deal with such situations which you commonly encounter:
1) Go to the cafeteria. 2 slices of bread and a hot pipping cup of tea just do wonders.
2) Take a breather at intervals so that you do not overstretch yourself and putter your time away.
3) Stock up healthy snacks like nuts, dark chocolate or fruit bar to munch on.
4) Grinding away at your job may not give you the edge u think you will. Reserve 20mins to sit quietly with your eyes closed, away from any stimulus. By doing that, you are giving ur brain a breather from the non stop processing.

Most importantly, complete what is of you by the end of the day, because tmr has its own workload and problems.

Oh, and today I had an interesting conversational topic with one my colleague. We were sharing abt ASPIRATION. The word itself is too big alone, i guess what matter most is not merely just sharing abt what your aspiration is but to work towards it through actions. Easier said than done.

Photobucket


My aspiration has always been to be a Pilot. It is my passion which has been developed along the years and is still burning intensely within me. I remembered when I was younger, the 1st place which I would usually pestered my parents to take me to when we visited the airport was the " Viewing Gallery". It thrills me,even up to this date, to see a huge giant bird above my head. And during the setbacks of my life, the 1st place to take refuge from all the pessimism, was the airport. I recollected that at one incident, I had a really bad quarrel with my parents and I decided to spend my night at the airport. I guess this shows the great connection between me and the airport.

Alright back to the term "Action speaks louder than Words". This term triggered me in the midst of conversation i had with my colleague. I have been ruminating; "what have i done to work towards my aspiration?" ; and I was intrigued with the answer which I have been holding on all this while.

"By reading books on aviation occasionally, watching videos on YouTube, or flying the flight simulator wasn't sufficient" i thought viscerally.
Though you are right in saying that, these are simple and small actions, but hey CONSISTENCY is the gist of it.
Here is a simple mathematical expression:

COMPLACENCY = LACK OF CONSISTENCY

We shouldn't be resting on laurels. If you think you are good enough, why not challenge urself to a higher level?
This ignite a spark in me and I'm determined to go all out to fulfill what I really want to see myself 5-8 yrs down the road. I got all my guides on aviation printed out, credit goes to FAA, and I think it's time to read up.
Last but not least, before i even end my lengthy entry, i shall leave you a quote from the bible:

"its not how u start that matters, but how you end"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home